Light-up McIntosh December 15
Light-up McIntosh will begin at the Civic Center at 6:30 p.m. The event will host Santa Clause and an area choir from six local churches will sing.
11.12.06 -- REPORT: New Town Hall Office Hours
Sunday, November 12, 2006
By CHER PHILLIPS
The McIntosh Town Council agreed to change the office hours of the town hall for a period of one month, reducing the number of hours the office is open to the public to only 25 hours per week.
Town Hall Office hours:
Monday 8 a.m. - noon, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - noon
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - noon
Thursday: 8 a.m. - noon
Friday: 8 a.m. - noon
In other council news:
- Council president Frank Ciotti honored Town Clerk Julie Musselman with a framed certificate of appreciation for her service to the town of McIntosh as the town clerk.
- The new town clerk, Deborah Miller, was introduced to the public.
- Frank Ciotti will be the council president for the next year. Howard Walkup will serve as council vice president.
- The town will determine whether or not to keep the video camera system they purchased last year.
- Councilman Lee Deaderick said that in the future the town's minutes will be even shorter and less descriptive than they presently are due to the time involved for the clerk in transcribing them.
- The Council voted to withdraw an agreement made last year to pay for upkeep on a portion of land south of McIntosh that the Conservation Trust had been attempting to purchase.
- Beverly Dodder addressed the council asking what the proper procedure should be for the Friends of McIntosh during the festival. This year's festival brought abortion protesters who had put up graphic signs on the right of ways in front of residents yards who did not want the signs there.
- Steve Race petitioned the council to help him pay for improvements to his yard and driveway to divert rain water deemed as the town's water that has been running off into his yard. An engineer who had looked into the problem this summer will again look at the drainage paths.
posted by Cher @ 5:53 PM,
Links to this post:
Editor and Publisher:
I'm Cher From McIntosh, FL I'm a graduate student at the University of Florida working on a master's degree in Mass Communication. While I was finishing my undergrad degree in journalism last year, I reported on McIntosh, Fla. for an in-depth reporting class. I figured that the reporting and the public record files should go somewhere people can access them. Reporters don't report to keep the information they find to themselves. Some of that reporting is included here in a forum that allows response. McIntosh suffers because with no news coverage, the local government and the rumor mill have too much potential to run rampant over residents. I moved to McIntosh in the fall of 1999. My profile
About This Blog
The primary purpose of this blog is to accurately reflect what happens in town public meetings and dispel rumors. I record the meetings and make them available for download. One of the goals of this blog is to offer residents a place to voice opinions. The comments, views and opinions expressed there are not necessarily those of the editor.